Booking car rental in Adelaide with DriveNow is an absolute breeze, with all of Australia’s most renowned and trusted rental brands to select from. These include the likes of Avis, Budget, Dollar, Europcar, Firefly, Hertz, Keddy and Thrifty, giving you the widest possible choice. All you need do is select the vehicle that best suits your needs from the extensive range of quality rides. Driving around the city and taking road trips from Adelaide in a dependable car will transform your trip, especially when time is of the essence.
Should you need any assistance with your selection and booking, our local Australian Reservations team are there to help and can be contacted via phone, online chat or email. With more than 15 years’ experience we know how to get the best when it comes to hiring a car in Adelaide and elsewhere in South Australia.
Why Use DriveNow for Car Hire in Adelaide?
- Choice – widest available range of Rental brands and vehicles
- Price – our system finds and displays the lowest rental rates
- Support – Our Reservations team are in Australia so you can speak to a local for help
- Trust – We only partner with Australia’s top rental brands
- Experience – We’ve been helping travellers find the best rental deals since 2003
Driving Tips for you and your Adelaide car hire
Arranging car hire in Adelaide is a great way to explore the city and surrounds, without relying on public transport. Just make sure you’re licensed, alert, and know the rules of the road before you head off! Here are a few Adelaide driving tips to keep you at the top of your game.
- As with most Australian states, in South Australia you need to be at least 21 years old to rent a car. Some rental operators will add a young drivers’ surcharge for those between 21 and 25, so take a good look at the prices when you are comparing and contact our Reservations team if you are unsure. If you’re travelling from overseas, make sure your license has been translated into English so there’s no doubt on the validity of your qualification.
- Adelaide is Australia’s fifth largest city, and for that reason can still get fairly busy during peak times. If you’ve got somewhere to be in a hurry, be sure to avoid early morning (6-8am) and early evening (5-7pm).
- If you’re an Aussie yourself or you’ve taken other car rental trips in Australia, you might be expecting to see toll roads during your trip to Adelaide. Well you’re in luck, because you’ve chosen a part of the country that has none! Enjoy it while you can.
Read more with our Adelaide travel guide.