Compare and Save on Car Rental
DriveNow delivers the widest choice of rental providers and vehicles to guarantee the lowest prices on car rental in Australia and elsewhere around the world.
At DriveNow we have been comparing the cost of car hire since 2003 and today you'll find the best deals in countries such as Australia, New Zealand, Canada, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Ireland, the US and the UK to name but a few.
Our partners include Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Europcar, Firefly, Hertz, Keddy, SIXT and other local providers, with access to thousands of rental vehicles and locations worldwide at your finger tips to compare and select from.
When it comes to renting a car at an Australian airport all the bases are covered with rates and vehicles for all Australia's major airports from every onsite rental provider. If you're looking for an easy way to book an airport transfer to or from the airport check out our Airport Transfer booking service for a comprehensive list of transport options from a shared shuttle bus through to luxury private meet and greet car services.
Rental prices and vehicles are laid out in an easy to read grid allowing you to instantly compare the best deals, daily rates and review vehicle features before you book. Making a booking is quick and easy with instant confirmation and with most of our suppliers there's no need to enter credit card details when booking, simply present your card when you collect your vehicle.
We understand that it's not just about finding the best online deal available. Providing great customer service, being able to talk to someone and exceeding your expectations are all of paramount importance to us. Our Reservations team are there to help and answer your questions via the phone, online chat or email.
At DriveNow we guarantee the lowest available price with absolutely No Booking fees and no hidden costs.
Advantages of hiring a car through DriveNow
- Instant rental rate comparison
- Independent - Free and objective comparison and booking service
- Choice - No one offers more choice of rental brands
- Airport car hire specialists - last minute car hire deals at airports right around the world
- One Way Rental Deals - from as little as a $5 day
- Instant booking confirmation
- Drive-away prices including all taxes and levies (excludes young driver surcharge)
- Lowest price guarantee
- Over 1600 Australian locations
- We are local - 100% Australian owned and operated
Frequently asked Questions
Who are DriveNow and What do they do?
How old do I have to be to rent a car in Australia?
What Driving License do I need to hire a car in Australia?
Can I use a Digital License to hire a car?
Can I use someone else's credit card to pay for my car?
Why is car hire more expensive today?
When should I book my rental car?
How to reduce car hire insurance liability?
What if I need a car seat for my children?
Do I have to return my hire car to the same branch?
Do rental cars come with GPS?
How do I pay for Road Tolls when renting a car?
Can I take my rental car to the Ski Fields in Australia?
How many Drivers can I nominate for my rental?
Is it more expensive to hire a car with manual or automatic transmission?
Find more frequently asked questions.
Top tips before you leave the rental branch
- Give the vehicle a check: Checking the vehicle you’re going to rent for damage is standard practice, but that doesn’t make it any less important. Make sure you look for any damage on the hire car and have a staffer at the rental branch take note of dings and dents you see (they normally have a form and vehicle diagram to mark this on). Also take photos of these blemishes with your smartphone.
- Learn about the fuel policy: Some car rental agencies will charge an arm and a leg to refill their vehicles with fuel. Avoid such stinging fees by making sure you fill up before your return. Learn about flat fuel charge options if you don’t want to mess with refilling the tank yourself, or ask the branch staff where a nearby petrol station is so you’re not wasting time cruising around a city you might not be familiar with. This is especially key if you’re under the pump trying to make a flight!
- Know the rules: While cruising off road through majestic mountain scenery or hopping on a car ferry for destinations unknown sounds like a great idea, it could get you into hot water with car rental agencies. Make sure to inquire if you’re going to be driving anywhere out of the ordinary or taking a car ferry. For example, some Hobart car rental companies are not fond of you taking their vehicles from mainland Hobart over to Bruny Island. Many also frown upon you gliding over the Cook Strait in New Zealand on a car ferry. And don’t plan on towing anything or carting around your pets, either, car rental companies do not permit this.
Car Hire Affiliate program
If you own a travel or accommodation website and are looking to effortlessly earn extra revenue, consider joining our Affiliate Car Hire Program to offer your visitors great deals in car and Campervan rental.